Accidents happen on mattresses and you cannot put control them. Does not matter whether your beloved child jumped on the mattress or the pet was sleeping side-by; this anonymous surprise has to be dealt with super soon before the mattress ruins the fabric and its life. Urine stains, smell and moisture inside the mattress are not something to ignore. Not only is the mattress in your home a heavier investment, but it also plays a vital role in your life.
Undeniably you will not do anything, which purposely ruins the fabric of the mattress; but the pets and kids in your home are not so sensible right now. So here we are about to talk about “How Do You Take Care Of A Mattress After An Accident?”
Unwelcomed hurricanes and floods can also damage the mattress without giving any indications. If you do not take care of your mattress, then it is going to become a breeding ground for mould, germs, bacteria, bed bugs, allergies and infections. So if they remain unhygienic and unhealthy any of the moment, then take actions appropriately sooner for its protection.
How To Clean Wet Mattress Conveniently After Random Spills And Accidents?
If any spill or accident happens with your mattress, then you need to take action instantly when the accident is fresh and wet. The water, juice or coffee spills over the mattress will easily bloat, so dry it with paper towels. The towels need to be suppressed appropriately in the mattress to soak the wet and moisture from its depth. You should also wave the hair dryer for at least 10-20 minutes over the stain. Ensure the stained area is entirely cool before it drips completely.
Urine spills on the mattress attract bacteria, infectious pests and bed bugs in the depth of the mattress, which needs to be balanced. If any spill or an accident happened with your mattress; then make sure you start working on the stained area immediately. When the bed liners are removed, then use paper towels to soak stained areas which absorb the urine stain and moisture from the mattress. You can dab on the stained area with a paper towel; which helps to extract moisture and urine stain. Ensure not to rub over the stained area; otherwise, the problem will spread in the worst condition.
Here you can make a mixture of vinegar and water; which works as a great disinfectant to use over the mattress. However, this is going to neutralize the stains. Wait for 15 minutes to let the solution set up on the mattress; after that clean it up with a paper towel.
Step-By-Step Guide To Treat Fresh Accidents On Mattress
- If any fresh accident happens with your mattress, then use paper towels to dry the stained area immediately.
- Press the paper towel on the stained area, so that it will absorb the moisture in the depth, which is seeped below the mattress cover.
- Once you are done with the paper towel process, now is the moment to wave the hair dryer over the stained area for a minimum of 10-20 minutes.
- You need to make a cleaning solution now with a mix of vinegar and water. If you do not want the vinegar solution, then use diluted rubbing alcohol replaced with vinegar.
- Use the spray bottle and spread the solution over the stained area. Use it over the already wet mattress area.
- When you have spread the cleaning solution over the mattress; then wait 10-15 minutes and then use paper towels to soak the cleaning solution and stain both from the mattress.
- When you soak the cleaning solution from the mattress, now spread baking soda over the mattress-stained area.
- Let the baking soda keep on for a minimum of 8-10 hours.
- In the end, vacuum the baking soda with the help of a vacuum cleaner and remove stains as well happened because of the accidents.
Get Rid Of Dried Up Urine Stains From Mattress
In many cases, the urine stains remain on the mattress before the cleaning process begins. You can use baking soda and vinegar for the stain removal that happens through accidents on the mattress. If that does not work, there are several things more telling about how you take care of a mattress after an accident. Hydrogen Peroxide and Borax help to remove stains from the mattress completely.
Hydrogen Peroxide is an effective solution, which helps to remove dried urine stains from the mattress and bloat further on with dry towels. After the solution is applied, it is the moment when you need to let the mattress dry. Peroxide may bleach the mattress, therefore use this solution on the small corner of the mattress to test what will happen in the results.
Borax can be used with some chemicals and cleaning solutions, detergents and others; which is also very efficacious to remove tough stains from the mattress. Apply the solution on the mattress for some time and then remove it with the help of a toothbrush or cloth. Mix the borax powder with cleaning products and chemicals to create a paste-like stain-cleaning solution. Make sure to use hand gloves before applying the borax solution; otherwise, this is going to harm your skin or irritate your eyes.
The wetness and accidents happening with your mattress can cause irritation, odour and other health problems to an individual. That is why consider the demonstrated details regarding How Do You Take Care Of A Mattress After An Accident? So use them to keep your mattress healthy and hygienic for longer and extend its life span as well. Moreover, you can call a professional mattress cleaning service for quick cleaning.